Enduro2 Les Arcs 2021 presented by Dirtlej
Red (Race) Stages are marked with Yellow Arrows, and a minimal amount of race tape
Purple (Bonus) Stages are marked with Pink and Yellow BIO-chalk, plus there is a Strava navigation file you can follow.
Please stick to your starting time (BUS 1 / FUNI 1) every day. This is critically important to maintain safe distance and crowding limits on the funicular and ski lifts.
After the 1st morning loading cycle (BUS 1 / FUNI 1), you may start freely, in any order you wish, as soon as you are ready. (In fact, we encourage you to allow faster or stronger teams to start a stage in front of you, if requested).
You will receive personal interim results each day via a chip download at lunchtime.
There will be no leader-board on display (to encourage social distancing).
Live results are available online, updated every 15 minutes, via the Link in the Menu of this site.
For Day-3 (Sunday) Riders – You will record your race results for Day 3 ranked with all other riders in yoyur category. Please note there is not a special podium / official result for the Day 3 category as a seperate classification.
– Let Faster teams start in front of you
– Overtaking is tough, in teams of 2 (even harder with 3!). Please be courteous and let faster riders past. BUT: faster riders, you do NOT have priority to pass and will be penalised if you cause a crash or accident due to unsafe overtaking! (And don’t forget to high-five on the way past).
– Max starting time between teams is 20 seconds, but there is no minimum starting distance between teams – in fact 4-rider and 6-rider party trains are strongly encouraged!
No course practise is allowed before the event – this is “blind” racing!
These are big days on the mountain, with some epic stages.
– Day 1 Stage 1 is BLACK GRADED in parts.
– 95% of crashes happen within the first 3 minutes of your race. Don’t ruin your weekend on the first stage!
– PACE YOURSELF (no, really, we mean it!)
– Drink 4 to 6 litres of water per day
– Carry your phone with our emergency number in it on speed dial
– Take an extra layer and a waterproof jacket (it gets very cold at the start gate & on lifts)
– In an emergency, STAY WITH YOUR TEAM-MATE and raise the alarm via the next riders to come past.
– If you come across an injured rider, the best way to help them is to get to the next marshall or end of stage as fast as possible and raise the alarm (don’t stop and help unless they are alone).
IF YOU NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE OR RESCUE
CALL or Text/Whatsapp +33 6 35 24 35 25
(SAVE THIS TO YOUR PHONE, RIGHT NOW!)
You will recieve a text or Whatsapp message with a link
Click the link and “allow the page to access your location”
This will share your exact location with our rescue team and allow us to arrive on-scene as quickly as possible.
Sports Massage Service
If you would like to enhance your performance during the event with a sports massage we have teamed up with Massage Me to offer a mobile service direct to your accommodation. Book your preferred day and time and a therapist will come to you in the comfort of your own apartment/lodge/hotel. If you use the code Enduro2 you will receive a 5% discount as an event competitor.